Tuesday 8 December 2009

Born today: My Blog

Today I would like to celebrate the birth of my Blog!!!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of the World Wide Webb my little Blog.
Hip hip hip Hurray.... okay enough withe the celebrations.

As the title suggests this Blog will be about the books that I have read... and probably life in general will interfere as well.... we'll see how it goes.

The kinds of books I like to read are Ghost stories, ghost stories and more ghost stories. In between reading them I work my way through crime and detective novels (anything from Patricia Cornwell to classic Raymond Chandler), some "light" horror (Dean Koontz and Stephen King), and historical novels. Not the ones where the damsel is saved by a gorgeous night in shining armour and swept of her feet whilst breathing heavily in every other chapter, but fictional stories based on real historic events (Kate Mosse, Philippa Gregory etc). I do read some factual books as well on anything from language to Aztecs.

So.... at this moment I am reading my way through Strange Tales by Rudyard Kipling (published by Wordsworth in their Tales of Mystery & The Supernatural series). I'll let you know how I get on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment