Sunday 31 January 2010

Top 100

I have a confession to make.... I bought three more books!!
I blame the BBC top 100 list for it. I found the list online and went through it. Turns out I have read only 16 out of the 100 essential read before you die books on the list. Sadly enough 4 of those are the Harry Potter ones (can't believe the Lord of the Rings does not count as 3). But to my credit I have read the top 5!!!! 2 of the books I bought yesterday are on the list so whenever I get round to reading them that will be another 2 off the list. Also....thank god for university reading lists for otherwise I am pretty sure I never would have ploughed my way through the turgid mass of Middlemarch. I have this vivid memory of it being totally boring and tedious. Looking forward to getting started on the rest of the list as well but not sure when that is going to happen with so many other books to read.

Books bought 3
Books to read 70
Reading at the present a Dean Koontz one.

No comments:

Post a Comment