Wednesday 19 May 2010

Steep Decline

The number of books I still have to read has gone down quicker than I thought over the past few days.
The main reason being that I seem to have 2 versions of the same book. A while back I had read a book written by Agatha Christie - Ten Little Niggers and I had another one from her on the shelf to read called And Then there were None. I felt like reading a detective story so I decided to go and read this second one. As I opened the book and looked at the first few lines it came across as very, very familiar. After reading two more sentences and skipping a few pages ahead I realised that it was actually the same book than I had already read!

The ever clever and all knowing Wikipedia told me that in many countries the title of the book was changed in later publications and this is why there are editions with differing titles about.
So..... that was that one then.

Books to read: 71

No comments:

Post a Comment