Wednesday 18 May 2011

Another late arrival

Went out for a lovely meal of tapas and ice cream tonight with one of my friends and also got BBG2 (Belated Birthday Gift 2). It was another book and this time it was a whopper. My bookshelves are now graced by the slightly bulky presence of the Gormenghast Trilogy. This is another one I might have to save for when I have some serious time to read as it is over 900 pages but although the task is daunting I just know it will be worth it.

Books given as present: 1
Books to be read: 72

I am hoping to decrease the count by 1 over the next few days but if I keep going out for meals or getting distracted by chores it may not be until the weekend that I can get down to some serious reading. Mr Gabriel Garcia Marquez awaits me though... I can hear him tempting me from the pages of the book.. whispering to me to pick up the book and finish what I started.

PS: for those who are dying to know what the other one was I was given.. it was The Postman Always Rings Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment