Sunday 20 January 2013

New additions to the home

Although I am doing really well in not buying any books this week I still ended up having more of them in my house than last week's reported total. A colleague at work has been tidying up his cupboards and found some more orphan books for me to home..... 18 more actually!! This brings the running total to a staggeringly lovely 117 books to be read.
And he good news is.... I am not done yet! I remembered that I got some money from mum over Christmas and it would be rude no to spend it. Although I did buy some sensible new walking shoes today I thought that some of it might go on books. I only have a little list I am wanting to buy... maybe I should start looking into joining bookaholics anonymous for real?

The one I am reading now is going really well. Cannot say that it really does what it says on the tin but it is really interesting none the less. Will probably have finished it by next week.

One other thing that made my day today: I noticed that the National Library in London has an exhibition on about the history of crime fiction. That is going to be worth a visit... once the weather improves and the snow clears.

No comments:

Post a Comment