Friday 10 May 2013

At long last

Finally I am able to sit down and do a little update... It has been long in the making and long overdue. I have been busy with work, keeping my back moving and flexible and holidaying. 

Mum and I had a really good holiday last week. I have managed to get a few more nice bits and pieces for the house and some new clothes as well. Some more good news is that after about 7 months my back is finally getting better. It seems that two extremely painful sessions with the Sports Masseur were all that was needed to get my muscles to pay attention and fall in line with the rest of my body again. It is amazing what you can do to remedy muscle pain by using a tennis ball and a sturdy wall.

On the book front I only have one more book buy to report. I blame my mum for this one as she kept dragging me into second hand bookshops everywhere we went and telling me to have a little browse around and take as much time as I wanted. I was bound to cave in and duly did in the Willen Hospice Bookshop in Stony Stratford. This means that the grand total of books to be read now stands at a lovely, whopping 151.

My current reading: slowly making my way through The Seeds of Speech, all about language creation and acquisition. 

Books left to review: 2 but I am afraid they will have to wait until Sunday. 

Book themed outing for  Saturday: British Library for the exhibition on Crime Fiction... cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment