Sunday 7 February 2010

The girl's got a point

When I met one of my best friends for lunch today we got to chatting about my new blog. One thing that came up was how much of the story lines I was actually giving away in my reviews and if might not be a good thing to point out that if you read my blog some of the story line and content of the book will be revealed. Now, as a person who purposely avoids reading the introductions of books for exactly that reason I figured she had a point (I am blessed with clever friends!!). So I will go back and put spoiler alerts in for the reviews.
I am conscious that I have given away some content and story line development in my reviews but I do try not to reveal everything. So, all in all I think I have done okay so far, but I would not want someone to come here looking for information about one of the books I have reviewed, only then to come across my review telling them what they do not want to know at that point in time and leave this blog disappointed. However, in order to review a book I will draw attention to what I think are relevant or interesting elements of a book and discuss them. The only thing that will change is that I will announce in each review that there could be possible spoilers.

PS: lunch was great B!!

No comments:

Post a Comment