Monday 22 February 2010

Phase 1: Denial

Do I have a problem with buying books... nope don't think I do. Yet perhaps this is my problem? I was doing really well on the non-book buying front but I seem to have had a bit of a relapse on Saturday. I bought 5, in one go. Technically speaking one I had to sort of get as I have been looking for it for some time and it completes my Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series. I now have all four of them and this means I can read them all in one go. I also got a few more that are on the BBC Big Read List so also essential buys.
People regularly ask me if I am aware of this novel invention called Library, and yes I am. I only have one problem with going to the library (well one big one and a few other, smaller ones). They want the books back and I do not want to give them back. So to my mind the next best option is to buy them second hand. They cost anything from £1.50 to £3.00 (so I am actually saving myself money buying them second hand instead of new) and then if you would happen to lose them you only lose a cheapo book and not a new one.

Books Bought: 5
Books to be read: 72 (actually, almost 71 as I am in the process of working my way through the last 60 pages of my ghost story one)

No comments:

Post a Comment