Sunday 21 March 2010

Slow going

It might be some time before I get to finish the next book. Not only is it a reasonably sizable one but I am also getting "distracted" by several other things.
First of all, I have recently discovered cryptic crosswords!! I sort of knew them anyway but I have just bought a whole little book full of them. They are frustrating and addictive at the same time. Sometimes I can only get a few clues and have to look up the rest but sometimes I am really on a roll and cannot put it down.
A second distraction has arrived in the way of my newly acquired Nintendo DSI!! It's surprising how much fun such a little thing can be. I had been thinking of getting a games console of some kind of description for a while but as I only have a small portable telly the gaming experience was never going to be great unless I bought a new, bigger, flatscreen telly, and I was not going to do that just yet. This console is handheld, matte black, easily portable (handy as you always need something to do on those trips abroad), easy to use and totally hip!

So..... I am trying to find a balance with these new interests and my books and it might take some time before I figure out how to fit it all in and still keep reducing the amount of books to be read.

On the plus side: at least I did not buy any new books!!... well apart from the cryptic clue ones but they do not count as books..... do they?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, so this blog is going to be about gaming next...mmmmm. Just a little worried that this DSI is going to prove to be very addictive.

    ReplyDelete