Monday 6 September 2010

Holiday buys

I am happy to report that even when on holiday I have managed to increase the book count. Only by one but still..... having only gone into about two book shops in all I did not do too badly.

Books bought: 1
Books to be read: 76

I am still reading my present book but still have a way to go. Mainly because I have been kept busy with Mum visiting last week. We had a few nice days in Milton Keynes and a day out to Oxford. Then we went to Chester for a few days. It was a lovely visit to a lovely city. Chester is an old place dating from Roman times and has been rebuilt several times on roughly the same footprint. It has some gorgeous old black and white houses and a big red stone city wall. We wandered around most of it and meandered our way around the rest of the city centre. One nice little surprise was that the city centre was filled with Rhinos.. not real ones but fake ones painted in a variety of ways: one was a Roman legion, one Elvis and one with puzzle pieces on it. Really funny to see and a nice surprise when wandering around the city as they were places randomly in the entire city centre. It was a great place to spend a few days and I hope to go back one day for another visit to explore all the bits I did not get to see this time round.
But now... time for laundry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment