Wednesday 19 January 2011

Gotcha!!!

Having returned from a lovely stay in Holland I can now report that I have succeeded in part of my mission! Half the books borrowed from the library are read... woop woop. I am currently reading nr 3 and have decided that perhaps nr 4 covers some of what was in nr 2 so might not read that one in the end.
The one I am reading now is about stories of the Stony Stratford area and called Romance around Stony Stratford. To my great delight it included some local ghost stories as well. The place to avoid if you do not want to be scared witless is Passenham.


And now, confession time. I went to a car boot sale on 2nd January and found one that was just to good to be true. Second hand book only €1... cheap as chips.. cheaper even. I have no idea how it slipped my mind but the following update to the tally is now required:


Books bought: 1
Books to be read: 70 (at least it is an even number)


Library books read: 2
Library books to be read: 2



I am finding that I am really missing reading my normal books so after I complete the one library book left to read and flick through the other one quickly I will be returning to my normal ever present stack of books!! Wander which one I will read next.... maybe a bit of Patricia Cornwell, some Dean K to get back into the swing of things or some ghost stories. I still have the challenge of the 900 page marvel of the Chronicles of Conan.... mmmm, decisions... decisions.



PS: I have also seriously thought about joining Bookaholics Anonymous as my book addiction seems to be spreading to library books. I have renewed them 4 times now and have been thinking of renewing them again. I really must learn not to form attachments to library books!

No comments:

Post a Comment