Monday 1 October 2012

Back to normal... sort of

To say that the last weeks has been a bit eventful is an understatement.
On Tuesday 25th I got downstairs to where my bike usually lives and found it was gone! Some idiot decided to take my bicycle and some other guy's as well. For me the bike is my main mode of transport (apart form the legs) so it is a real pain having to depend on others to give you lifts and lose the little bit of independence that it afforded me. It is also the cost of having to fork out for another bike that really annoys me. I only had the new one since January and now I have to get another one. I reported it but they gave me zero hope of ever seeing the bike again. I am also still waiting or the call back from the neighbourhood support team to discuss the theft with me. Guess they are busy drinking tea... or catching the bad guys?
Then on Tuesday afternoon my back decided to lock up as well. It go so bad I had to go and see my chiropractor to get it sorted out on Friday. It was lovely to get my back put right and then the massage at the end of it... perfect!
The next event was that on Saturday my sister, her husband and the kids arrived! That was the highlight of the week and made up for a lot of all the bad stuff that had gone on!! I got to spend time with them on Saturday and Sunday and they just came round this evening with an apple pie. We had a final little catch up and the kids loved my DSi so all was good. It was really great seeing them and now it is only a few months till December and I get to see them all again.

Naturally, with all this going on I did not get round to much reading over the past week But... back to normal from tomorrow and I hope to get some time this week to catch up on my reading.

I also got some more books from someone at work today so will have to add them to the total.

Books received as a gift: 3
Books to be read: .... well, that depends... I finished one since the last post but still have to do the review of it. I could be cheeky and say right now that I am ambivalent about it and leave it at that but that's just not cricket is it? So, I will do the review this week and then update the total.

No comments:

Post a Comment