Sunday 7 October 2012

Post Chiropractic fun

I am writing this post in a bit of a hurry. Reason being that I cannot really sit down for too long without my back hurting a lot. It locked up again over the past week and I had to go and see the chiropractor again. He sorted it out again and told me that I had weak muscles - stomach and back and gave me some exercises to do. I am trying to do as much of them as I can but I have to say it is not a pleasant experience to do them. I can now really tell that my muscles get tired easily. I would have thought with me cycling every day I would have better muscle tone than that but apparently not. Progress looks to be slow but as long as I can get up at least once a day with out my hips, back and leg muscles hurting I should be okay. So far.... no luck.


I still have a review to do for Port Mortuary and have today finished another book. All things being equal I should have a chance later on in the week to do at least one of them.

I can give you the short review of both:

Port Mortuary - Patricia Cornwell: not your regular Scarpetta novel, nothing really happens until the end (which seems the norm). There is a good twist and some gruesome stuff happens but overall everything that goes on in the books seems quite distant from Scarpetta. Also she seems to be worried a lot of the time. Rightly, so it turns out but it gets a bit old halfway through the book. Still not really sure if I liked it a lot.

The Girl at the Lion D'Or - Sebastian Faulks: - bloody brilliant. Good characters, a touching story and an abrupt ending that is not unwelcome. Set in the period between the two World Wars. A story of love and losing it, longing, emptiness and overcoming your past against all odds.

Hope to give you some more details later in the week.

Books finished: 2
Books to be read: 82

Books given to me by very nice colleague at work:8
New number of books to be read: 90

No comments:

Post a Comment