Tuesday 16 August 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

I finally figured out who I can blame for me not making a dent in this book I am attempting to finish at the moment. The guilty parties are: Easyjet and the manufacturer of my laptop bag. I feel that both have seriously contributed to me not being able to fill the time spent waiting for flights and sitting on trains with reading. My case is this: My boss sent me to Holland for a meeting. Naturally any type of travel involves waiting for things to arrive, waiting for things to leave and sitting on the aforementioned thing needing to spend the time in a useful, or semi-useful manner. People watching is one of my favourite pastimes so I tend to indulge in a bit of that whenever I can. Let's be honest airports and train stations are just about the most perfect places to do some people watching! The next favourite thing to do whilst waiting for time to pass is read. However, after packing all the essentials in my laptop bag I was not able to fit in a book any more. Why do these bags not come with a expandable section for people like me who want to pack just that one little extra thing that would make the trip soooooo much more complete? But... there was no room for even a small pocket book, let alone a 501 paged Dean Koontz one. If only then, the good people of Easyjet would allow me to take a small handbag on board as well as my laptop bag. This little addition to my luggage allowance would have enabled me to get through a good few hundred pages. But no... they had to go and spoil the fun as well. So there I was with nothing to do but people watch and although it was good fun I would have liked my book there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment