Monday 1 August 2011

The Spell is broken

At last.... the spell is broken and I have managed to crash through the mental barrier placed in front of my non-book buying behaviour. Did I skip over it with one book.. no way. I hurtled over it with 4 new books to add to the total. I have to say - it feels good!
I acquired my lovely new books on Sunday when I was meeting a friend for some coffee over in Stony Stratford. I nipped into the Willen Hospice book shop for just a few minutes and that was all it took. I bought Never Let Me Go (remembered it from my recent British Library science fiction adventure), Thin Air - a ghost story anthology and two more Graham Greene books (Monsieur Quixote and The Honorary Consul).

I am actually reading a new one as well. It is the turn of mr Koontz again. About 60 pages in and I have one corps but maybe not for much longer. It is a miracle really, that in between watching the Hollyoaks omnibus, doing a food shop, making a nice salad and tidying away the laundry I found time to read this weekend but I do like to attempt the improbable.

With the spell broken the new tally now reads:
Books bought: 4
Books to be read: 74

No comments:

Post a Comment