Sunday 25 November 2012

All out

Today I have a very valid excuse for not finishing a book and doing a review. I have spent a good few hours today building my wonderful, brand-spanking, 5 shelved, dirt cheap new bookshelves. It took a bit of doing and my hip muscles are paying for it now but... it looks absolutely fabulous. the original smaller bookshelves are now in the spare room with some of my read books on there. I still have about 5 boxes of books to house but I have only so much room in this place. I would love to have an entire wall of bookshelves but I think the sofa might stage a silent protest if I decide to do that and I need to keep that sofa on side for now.

I must say that I find it both comforting and ever so slightly daunting to have all my books to be read out in the open and no longer hidden behind one another or stacked two high on top of one another. I now have one complete shelf dedicated to Ghost Stories/Legend/Myths and the rest is mixed up on the various shelves. I thought briefly about alphabetising or categorising the books in some way or other but I figured that in the grand scheme of things it was really not that important how they were ordered and I did have better things to do. Although I did put a few of the Stephen King ones together... and cluster some of the Dean Koontz ones... but apart from that...all random!

Two new arrivals to report this week so the total is now up to 101 to be read. I am still awaiting the arrival of another one. Also my previous book donor at work said he might have another clear out so I might be getting some more strays to house.

I am off to get on with my book, have another coffee and rest my weary limbs.
Off to the gym tomorrow to see what exercise I can/should do... change in life routine approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment