Sunday 4 November 2012

Bargainous

I got myself a real bargain this weekend. I managed to buy myself two books for £3.-.... amazing right!
And they were not even small paperback books oh no, these were the proper kind. Good old-fashioned hardbacks, published somewhere in the 1930's.
And we are not talking only 400 pages a piece either... no sir... just over 1000 in each one!!
I spotted them and thought that they would be at least £5 or £10 each... imagine my surprise when I spotted the little paper sign saying £1.50 each. I even asked the lady if they were both £1.50 because I could not believe my luck. Now they are home with me... for some reason I have not put my initials and the year in them.. seems kind of wrong to do that in these gorgeous specimens of bookdom.
One thing that did make me laugh is that when I posted a photo of them on twitter a company that deal in DIGITAL pdf files of classic books followed me. I am sorry to say people, whoever you are: you are wasting your time on following me!! As long as I can buy the real thing there is no way in hell I am getting a pdf version of any book, classic or otherwise! 
I am aiming to be the last person in Britain to own a kindle and remain to be convinced of the joys of reading a digital book. I want and need the real thing!

Back still a bit fragile as I assumed that I could sit on the chairs of my dining room table for half an hour or so to google some hotels in Cambridge. Guess not eh.... seems there is one muscle that tenses up whenever I sit on that chair for more than 10 minutes. So I have now banished myself to the sofa again to type his. When will I learn?!
I have in the meantime finished a Stephen King one and started on RF Scott's Journals so progress of sorts has been made.

Book tally has me confused.... Let me see if I can un-confuse myself.
Previous total to be read: 101
So.. since then I read the Gothic Novels so that makes an even 100. Then I finished Stephen King one so that leaves 99... and then I went and messed it all up and bought 2 so I am back up to 101.

Still left to review: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment