Monday 3 October 2011

The Resistance

I was very good this weekend when doing my food shopping! I managed to not buy two books. They tugged at my heartstrings, messed with my brain. I stood there looking at them and then at the price offer.. two books for only £7.-. That is a good deal... and I really did want them... but I resisted. I picked them up, held them for several minutes and then put them down again and walked away with a pain in my heart.
Funniest thing is, I know am just postponing the inevitable. I will probably get them next weekend. I have no backbone when it comes to not buying books. This much I know to be true. Self knowledge is a great thing and can also be expensive! Ah well, as the Borg said "Resistance if Futile"... why fight it?!

I have finished one more but the review will have to wait a few days as laundry is poling up and needs to be done. I can hear my mum tut her disapproval from here. I'm off to do some folding.

No comments:

Post a Comment