Thursday 1 December 2011

Gone but not forgotten

Bet you thought that I had won the lottery and decided to pack a suitcase filled of books and jet off to a deserted island to finally give myself half a chance of getting through the 70 odd books I still have left to read! Alas my friends... no such luck. I have not even bought a lottery ticket in ages (note to self: remedy that situation). Life is still mainly determined by working on my OU course just about every evening. I do not get round to reading anything else but my course books, and the weekly TV guide, and Twitter... and my emails, oh and Facebook.
Actually... It is amazing how much reading you actually do in a day. You would almost start to wonder why people would want to read more in their spare time. How many of our jobs and things we do in our daily lives do not involve reading one thing or another? Be it e-mails, proposals, letters in parcels from loving family members, cards from the best sister ever, websites, information on phone and computer screens, subtitles on telly and so on and so forth. Perhaps it is a miracle anyone wants to read in their spare time at all? But they do, for otherwise why would there be books and magazines, and all the other printed and digital media we have at our daily disposal?

I am thoroughly ashamed though of not updating the blog for so long. What's a little post amongst friends? I have mentally put a "Must do better" in my school report on updating my blog. I will now go stand in a corner for a few minutes. Partly so I do not have to read any more and partly because I am ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment