Monday 26 December 2011

Fun links and good books

For Christmas this year Santa gave me a few good books. They are not really reading type novel-ly kind of books but cookery books so I will not be adding them to the total. I guess that you can call that cheating, but hey this is my blog and I make the rules! One of then was all about how you can combine flavours and which ones go together. I am looking forward to experimenting with that one in the years to come.

On a completely different vein... It is funny how you sometimes come across things via something that you hear or read. I am on Twitter and follow this dishy actor guy called Emmett J Scanlan. He tweeted/twittered.... well whatever the correct lingo is.. he wrote something about this one song so I googled it and listened to it. I have to say... the man may be onto to something here! Ben Howard - The Fear, listened to it and got the album! Also watched Shrek today and there was a song on there People they aint no good. Googled that one and found it was by Nick Cave and the Bad seeds.. got the track as well. Then googled something else I have been meaning to google for ages now. There is this add on telly and the song on it sounded really good. Every time I just hard a snippet of it but was intrigued as it was a version of a Stevie Winwood song that I like called Higher Love. So, I found out who sang, listened to the full version it and was blown away by it, almost cried so beautiful. I now have the guy's album on order. He is called James Vincent Mc Morrow in case you are interested. I love this about life.. how one thing leads into another and you discover some beautiful things on the way. Hoping for much more of that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment