Sunday 1 January 2012

Round numbers

I cannot believe I almost ended the year on an uneven number of books! But, just in the nick of time my present to myself arrived. I got my first Terry Pratchett book ever. I have been meaning to get one for some time and thought about starting at the start of his Discworld series at one point but then that creates the obligation to read all of the other ones as well... and as I do have plenty of others to read I decided against that plan. Not that I will not end up reading all of them anyway but I wanted one to start me off. Then someone at work mentioned one he was reading to me and it was about Death getting an apprentice. I kind of liked that idea and now am the proud owner of Mort ( 4 in the Discworld series I believe!).

So... books bought:
Books to be read: 80
I am now rapidly running out of room on my bookshelves so might have to call a moratorium on buying books. Alternatively.. I will have to restack them all and relocate some DVDs.

Oh yeah... apparently a new year has started as well. 2012... year of the London Olympics, lots of lovely food to eat, many more cities to discover, books to buy and much more fun to be had. Make it a good one!

One last thing.. I am listening to James Vincent McMorrow at the moment.. utterly beautiful!! Both my brain and my ears are smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment