Monday 9 January 2012

The Replacement hobby

For the moment I may have found something to replace my reading hobby... or obsession, if you will.
I got myself a new bike!!!!! It is a lovely Giant bike, black, sleek and very very shiny.I cycled it into work today for the first time and it was pure bliss. I am sure that as the weather turns and gets more nasty I will not be saying this any more but or now... MAN IT WAS GOOD! I had a bike but it was on it's last legs and I had to put it down. I then got myself to work on the buses but now I am a free agent again! I get to cycle wherever I want and leave work whenever I feel like it. I had really forgotten how nice it was. I have always had a bike and cycled to school and work wherever I lived. I grew up on a bike basically and it is part of the Dutch culture having one. I did not know any kid that did not have a bike. I have certainly always had one. I can even remember when dad took the training wheels of my first bike and how chuffed I was that I could now cycle like a proper grown up. It was a great feeling and I still really enjoy riding. I am not super quick, I am not super trained but I do really enjoy cycling to work again now. Gives me a chance to clear my head before I get home. The main thing to do now is avoid glass and keep the tyres at the correct pressure.


My reading for my course is still progressing well. I think I might be getting used to the more tedious technical language. At times I am still finding it more of a ploughing contest that a reading one but I am still getting through it. I figure it is not my reading material of choice but as long as it gets me where I need to be and gets me a decent grade I cannot really complain too much. Am still really looking forward to finishing the course though and getting back to my normal reads. I miss them but I really do not have the time to read anything else. At the moment it is all work, bit of telly (News/Hollyoaks/Only Connect/Sherlock), eat, do my coursework and sleep. I have now moved on to the next two books we have to do for the second assignment and as I am typing this I realise that I really should get back to trying to complete the first question of the second assignment as the work is not going to do itself.... unfortunately... off I go... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment