Sunday 22 January 2012

Lucrative business

As the first month of the new year has almost ended I decided that it was time to treat myself to a little trip. My destination of choice: Liverpool. I did not get to see everything I wanted to last time I went for a visit last year, so I decided to go back for a second helping. It proved to be a very good trip in a book buying sense. Two second hand bookshops visited and two books bought! One of them a little gem with three gothic novels, one of which is Walpole's Castle of Otranto (which I have been wanting to get for some time) and the second one contains some eerie Scottish tales. Lovely!!
My trusty travel companion on the trip was a cold that I have now been nursing for a week or so. The good news is that I do think it is on the way out. The bad news is that now my left eye seems to be getting infected and I am not sure if the two are related? Also hope that once the eye infection goes no limbs start falling off! You never know with these colds and infections!

Books bought: 2
Books to be read: 82

No comments:

Post a Comment